Meaningful Gifts for the Graduate
Graduation becomes more of a reality to students as summertime creeps closer. Whether the young adult in your life is graduating from high school or college, it is a very special event in their life that deserves to be celebrated. Give your graduate a gift that they will cherish and hold onto for years to come.
Young women especially tend to favor gifts of a more sentimental nature. Show her how important this time in her life is by giving her something that will tug at her heartstrings.
- Hallmark figurines: Sweet and emotional, Hallmark figurines are the perfect gift for a young lady graduating from school. The varieties range from Disney to Precious Moments, so you are sure to find something that speaks to her.
- Photo gifts: Websites like Shutterfly are the ideal platform to create something personal just for her. From photo books to collages, there are so many great options that she can use to decorate her dorm at college.
- Jewelry: Old or new, jewelry is always a special gift. Whether it’s a brand new diamond pendant or her great-grandmother’s heirloom ring, she is sure to appreciate the thought put into this piece.
Young men who are about to march to Pomp and Circumstance will appreciate these practical and sweet gifts from the heart.
- T-shirt quilt: Take all the T-shirts that he has loved over the years and stitch them together in a memorable quilt that he can take to college with him. Aren’t handy with a needle? There are services that can help.
- Toolset: All too soon he will be in charge of his own household repairs. Get him a small tool set to make these a little easier.
- Family heirlooms: Grandpa’s leather briefcase or the pocket watch that has been passed down, he is sure to appreciate the small piece of family history.
- Bibles or religious texts: No matter what your religion, giving a graduate a holy text is meaningful and symbolic. Give words of wisdom to help guide your graduate through this new chapter in their life.
- Experiences: Tickets to a concert, a trip to Hawaii or a day pass to a national park, give the graduate an unforgettable experience.
- Luggage: Young adults do a lot of moving around, whether it’s for travel, a new home or to a higher education institution. A nice set of luggage is a useful, long-lasting gift.
The end of the school year evokes nostalgia and the prospect of saying goodbye. Giving a personal, well-thought-out gift to the person graduating can create happy memories for many years.